Organizing personal or work tasks can become a major challenge. When you least expect it, you are faced with tons of activities and realize that there is no possibility of being able to do everything. Unfortunately there is no magic formula to complete your to-do list. But there are some actions that can help you to organize better, such as using jestor.
Jestor is a database software that has functionalities of spreadsheets, pipes, charts, dashboards and relational data, in a simple and intuitive way. It can also be easily integrated with different platforms in the market via API or Zapier, automating many processes. Not to mention that all of this can be done using low-code and even no-code features.
In this tutorial we’ll teach you how to use some of these features of jestor and how to organize your tasks in a simple and efficient way to manage your personal and professional life.
Walkthrough: Task management process in jestor
1º) Go to the “+” icon on the left menu, choose the option “Table”, name it “Excel Tasks” for example and press “Create”. Then add new fields clicking on the column header name with a “+” and following the steps below:
- Change the name of the “Name” field to “Description”;
- Add a date field and name it “Deadline”;
- Add a single selection field, name it “Status” and add the following items on the list: “New Tasks”, “On Going” and “Done”;
- Add a users field and name it “Users”;
Click on “Continue”.
As you can see, what would rely on knowledge of formulas in Excel comes down to a click on jestor, such as creating a drop-down list or, for example, optimizing the entire process of creating database tables.
Changing table mode to Kanban (Pipe)
In addition to providing data storage, a simplified management model and several other features, jestor allows you to change to a Kanban (or Pipe) view, which brings a very clear visualization for the entire process. To activate it follow the steps bellow:
- Go to jestor, open the tab “Excel Tasks”, change the table mode to Kanban mode by clicking on the button in the upper right corner and selecting any single selection field to activate a kanban view. In this case, we’ll use the “Status” field and each item on the list will be a phase.
Creating charts in Jestor
You can also create custom charts on jestor according to your company or personal needs and manage all the metrics you want. To create a dashboard with charts follow the steps bellow:
1º) Go to the “+” icon on the left menu, choose the option “Dashboard”, name it “Tasks Dashboard” for example and press “create”.
2º) Click on “Add Component” and select a “Pie Chart” to analyze how many tasks you’ve concluded today and how many are still open. Then, name it ”Finished Tasks”
3º) Select a table with the variables you need. And then on the following items:
1. Define the axes of the graph:
1.1 Choose the subtitle;
1.2 Add a vertical label;
2. Define the analyzed interval:
2.1 Choose the reference date for the variable;
2.2 Choose the period analyzed;
3. Add a condition filter (optional).
You can learn more about creating graphics here in our documentation Bar chart (jestor.com) ;)