Focus on what matters. This automation allows you to hide fields according to conditions of your choice. Limit the view of the least important fields depending on the stages of your flow to make it easier for your team to see prioritary information. Increase productivity by finding relevant information in your record faster.
Setting up Trick :)
- Go to the table you wish to integrate and open the Create Trick panel: you can open the panel by clicking on the hat-trick icon and clicking on “+ Add Trick”, or by pressing (T).
- Name your trick, type in a description and choose a trigger: a trigger is what defines when the automation will run. In this case, we’ll go with “Hide fields”.
- Choose which table the trigger will be activated on.
- Set which fields will be hidden and the restrictions for the trigger to be activated: In this example, we’ll hide the “Description” field when the record status is changed to “Hidden”.
- “Choose the tab”: Choose the table where the trick will be executed.
- “Select the fields to hide”: Choose which fields will be hidden when they satisfy the conditions.
- “Set the conditions”: Choose the conditions for the trick to work. Set at least one condition.
- “Choose the field”: Choose which field will be checked for the condition.
- ”Select the operator”: Choose the conditional operator.
- ”Set the value”: Choose the conditional value.
5. Click on “Save”.
And it’s done! Every time a record reaches “Hidden” status, the “Description” field will be hidden. You are free to change the fields to be hidden and their restrictions.